Friday, June 23, 2017

TRANSITIONS

Life consists of transitions. Big ones. Little ones. School to work, home to college or apartment living, single life to marriage, school to work, adulthood to parenthood...the list goes on.

Not all transitions are major life events. Some are minor, maybe not even noted or casually mentioned in passing.

Transition is what occurred in my life last week, best described in the following pictures. Recovering from both events (and still in the midst of event #2) most of my brain cells have yet to work properly, mired in a fog of exhaustion. Pictures tell the story.

Friday night - Shabbat - Jerusalem, Israel.
The Western Wall. 
There are separate sections for men and women,
a fence separating the two areas.
Standing on chairs and peeking into the area off limits to us,
we view the men preparing for and celebrating Shabbat.

Cycling in the city of Tel Aviv.
And spending a couple of less intense, more relaxing days visiting friends.
View from friends apartment in the city of Modi-in looking east to the West Bank.

Making the transition...
From the ancient city on the hill to the modern, sophisticated metropolis of
Tel Aviv (we arrived on the day of the Gay Pride Parade), the city known as
To home - summer -grandsitting - 
and celebrating another (very minor) event.
Celebrating my birthday with the girls.

Cooking and baking, here decorating cupcakes.
Other activities include multiple trips to the library.
 Storybook Land, the playground, the pool and of course the BEACH!

Bedtime disrupted by a thunderstorm and the loudest thunder EVER.
Three girls and a Grandpa huddle against the storm.

Oldest granddaughter preparing for camp.
Yup, purple hair - exactly what she wanted.

I will survive!

...I will survive
Oh, as long as I know how to love, I know I'll stay alive
I've got all my life to live
And I've got all my love to give and I'll survive
I will survive, hey, hey
1
It took all the strength I had not to fall apart...






2 comments:

  1. You deserve to be tired, that's for sure. Happy birthday a little late! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A belated birthday wish -- not a little thing to be around one more year! ;-)

    ReplyDelete